Is your loved one’s birthday coming and you want to throw a simple birthday party at home? Even though it’s just a simple home birthday party with family and close friends, decorations can be crucial. The birthday decorations are a great way to make the party special and memorable. However, many people don’t have the time or money to waste on finding expensive decorations. Luckily we have prepared some DIY birthday decoration ideas worthy of any theme and budget, with simple decoration materials.
Insta-Worthy Photo Backdrop
Social media activities these days are all about instagrammable content, so why not make it part of the birthday theme? Using colourful crepe paper will be a vibrant choice for a backdrop that is easy to make, affordable and durable.
What you need:
- Six to eight pieces of differently coloured crepe paper (12″ wide)
- Glue dots
- A blank wall
- Prepare the crepe paper and glue dots. Make sure you choose the colours that will suit the selected party theme.
- Choose extra strength glue dots. Make sure the wall is dust-free so the glue can stick well on the wall.
- Arrange the crepe paper in order from the bottom to the top.
- Start applying glue to the paper that will be put at the bottom. Apply the glue dots along the edge of the paper, around 10 to 12 inches. Then, press the paper firmly to the wall.
- Follow step 4 and continue to add more paper strips to the wall until you achieve the desired height of the backdrop. Make sure the bottom of the upper strips fall in front of the ones placed below it.
- Place the strips equidistantly to each other. Take care to check after applying each strip to see if it’s even and equal.
- Once you finish applying all strips, place the subject in front of the backdrop. Then, you can have fun and take a lot of Instagrammable pictures!
Colourful Tassel Garland
This is another simple birthday decoration idea that can be created during your spare time. The Colourful Tassel Garland birthday decoration is versatile and suitable for any celebration. Creating this colourful garland can be easily repeated and it’s a soothing activity that you can do while watching TV.
What you need:
- Several sheets of 20-inch by 20-inch tissue paper of different colours
- Decorative string or twine
- Fold every piece of tissue paper in half. Then fold it in half the other way.
- Cut strips heading towards the fold with your scissors. Leave 1-inch of uncut before the fold.
- Unfold the tissue paper and lay it on the floor. If you did it correctly, the uncut side should be in the centre with the tassels on both edges.
- Cut the paper in half to create 2 tassels
- Gently roll the tassel into a tube structure.
- Fold the tube structure tissue paper in half. Then, twist the top to create a loop.
- Secure the loop by tying it up with a small string.
- Repeat step 1 to 6 to get a bunch of tassels.
- Next, you can hang the tassels with a decorative string and place it on the table edges, on the wall or in front of the door.
This DIY photo garland is a must-try birthday decoration idea. You can use photos of the birthday boy/girl or your old family photos. Walking down memory lane with family photos will be extra fun to see during the home birthday party. However, you need to be extra careful when handling the photos and consider Scanning old photos and using the duplicate one for the party to avoid potential deterioration.
What you need:
- Small clothespins
- Printed pictures
- Gather all photos and hang each of them on the wire using the clothespin.
- Give at least 2 inches of space between each photo.
- Once you’ve finished pinning all the photos, you can hang the photo garland in the highlighted area of your birthday party. It can be a memorable backdrop for your birthday photo booth.
Hold a Memorable Party at Home with These Simple Birthday Decorations
The birthday decorations above are easy to do so why not just give it a try? No matter how glamorous or simple the birthday decorations are, what makes them great are the moments you share with your loved ones.
If you want to show family photos at your party, scanning old photos is a must. Scan Ur Pics is an expert photo scanning service that you can trust. Contact us and digitalise your old photos to save them from deterioration.